2017年5月2日星期二

Architecture

                                   



         Many years ago, when I was taking my drive test, I saw an architectural site that it was building the Light Rail. As you see, how magnificent it was. At the time, it was not my turn to drive, then I fell slept. When I woke up, suddenly, the magnificent scene appeared in front of me. I immediately took out the phone to take it down, even if the driver had a little panic and the car was swaying around. I didn't know how tall is the bridge pier. I just knew it was very tall, and I knew you knew too. I can't imagine that people how to build it because I am not the worker or architect. At that moment, I thought that the human has incredible power, and they made a lot of unbelievable buildings, like the Great Wall, it is the same as the existence of God.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      According to the Chapter 13 of Living With Art, I have learned about the round arch and vault. The round arch always was used in the ancient country, especially the Rome. It is a sign of Rome because when people saw that building then they can figure out that was Rome.  Then, what is the round arch and what benefits it has? The round arch is one of the common architectural structures. It is a pressure structure.  The important thing is the stone on the top which calls keystone. Round arch can reduce the weight and materials.  When the round outward extension, it changes to space. It such as a tunnel and people call that barrel vault. When two barrel vaults across it would change to a thing which looks like the pavilion. People call that groin vault. Those arches and vaults are very common structure.

   

没有评论:

发表评论