2017年3月7日星期二

AIC

          Last Wednesday was a nice day, I went to Art Institute Chicago (AIC) with my classmates.  That was an amazing place, we saw many many famous exhibits in AIC. Like Gustave Caillebotte' Rainy Day, Picasso' "The Old Guitarist" and Camille Pissarro' "The place du Havre, paris". We did have a great noon in AIC.



          When I saw the Rainy Day in a distance, I just could not believe my eyes because it seemed just like a real scene in front of me. Then, I just could not wait for one minute and watch it. Whether the colors or compositions, they were exquisite. The artist used the approach of asymmetrical balance to show us the foreground and background, and use the gray colors to express the weather and the whole scene.



         We also visited some artworks of Van Gogh. I thought that this was where we stayed for the longest time. We saw the Self-Portrait, The Poet's Garden, Madame Roulin Rocking the Cradle and The Drinkers. What impressed me most was his self-portrait. I saw this artwork many many times on the internet, I never thought I could be so closed to appreciated it. Spots and line are the important part of this artwork. I can't believe that how did he finish it and how much time he spend.



        Perhaps I'm not the man who likes to step by step. I lost my partner and my classmate because I was deeply attracted by another place which calls Margaret Veeck Krehbiel Gallery.  A woman stood by the window, open her hands, just like a queen who has a whole world. The interesting thing about this artwork was that the artist used some accessories and oil painting to it to be three dimensions. That was I really like this artwork. I also saw some mini sculptures in this place.



       Finally, my partner and I chose the "Shattered Tree" by Otto Dix for our team presentation. Along with George Grosz, he is widely considered one of the most important artists of the Neue Sachlichkeit. This artwork showed us it was not just a Landscape painting. It might include the background, history and his feeling. Dark red, dark blue and dark green made the visual contrast. We also created a poem for it.

                                                           Fall
                                                  Aesthetic, deep
                                             Clearly, truly, excitedly
                                             In orange and red fire
                                           Slowly creating optional
                                                 Visual mysterious
                                                Illustration of life




没有评论:

发表评论